Discover the charm of Icelandic Folk Songs, Akranes - Music And Storytelling
Price, duration and location
Please see available programs below.
Let us know your preferred dates and time. Lets talk about it.
Introductions are in English and songs are in Icelandic. We do speak fluent Danish as well so let us know if you prefer this other language instead.
About the Icelandic Folk Songs Experience
We are very excited to introduce our wonderful music program where we invite you to listen to and learn about some of the most beautiful and haunting Icelandic folk songs. We can offer you our short or long Folk song programs and a living room concert:
Short Folk song program:
- 15-20 minute music performance for those who want to add that little "extra" to their visit to Akranes. Available for 10 people or more.
- Price: ISK 1,800 per person.
Long Folk song program:
- 45 minute Folk song program for those who want to dig into Icelandic culture, learn and enjoy good music. Available for 5 people or more.
- Price: ISK 2,500 per person.
Living room concert and chat:
- 1 hour approx. for those who want to know more about everyday life in Iceland and have an unique music experience. You get the chance to see a typical apartment in a building block in Iceland. We'll play our favorite Icelandic folk songs for you while you enjoy a nice cup of coffee or tea. Then we'll have a fun chat about Iceland while enjoying the beautiful mountain and ocean view. Available for 2 to 6 people.
- Price: ISK 4,500 per person.
The short and long Folk song programs can be arranged at the Akranes Folk Museum area. There are a few charming old houses in the museum area. We will choose a house depending on group size and availability. We could even surprise your friends and family with a "pop-up" music performance somewhere in the area. Opening hours are from 10 am to 5 pm. We can provide our music programs outside of opening hours-contact us for details.
In addition, and only for the short Folk song program, there is the Akranes Lighthouse. Probably the most visited tourist attraction in town. The lighthouse has amazing acoustic for music performances and a spectacular view. It is available at certain hours. Please contact us for more details.
Are you looking for something fun and inspiring to do? We look forward to see you in Akranes…
Other booking options
Any music program could be booked as private for any group size. Please contact for details.
We also provide music for weddings, birthdays or other occasions. Feel free to send us your ideas and we'll see what we can do.
We are absolutely open to meeting you in other parts of south/west Iceland.
Free parking nearby.
This activity takes place rain or shine.
About Akranes town
Akranes is the largest town of West Iceland with about 6600 inhabitants.
The town is situated on the other side of Faxaflói bay seen from Reykjavik harbour.
About the host
We are a couple of musicians living in our birthplace Akranes with our daughter. We have been playing music together for many years and recently released an album with our own original songs. I am an educated music teacher and singer and my husband has been singing and playing guitar since forever.
Akranes town, located 40 minute drive from Reykjavik. Address will be provided after booking. Public bus available to get to the location.