Calligraphy Class Reykjavik - Arts and Crafts
ISK 14,900 for one participant
ISK 7,500 per person with 2 participants or more
ISK 3,500 for children 14 years old and younger
Monday through Friday at 10:00 am.
Available for one on one sessions, and private group bookings for up to 6 people
2 hours approx.
Materials and tools are provided for the workshop
There's tea and coffee, and often a scone too!!
About the Calligraphy Class
I open the doors of my studio and welcome you to a series of casual, creative workshops from my home studio in central Reykjavik. These workshops are a great way to learn a new skill, with old or new friends, and take home your finished artwork. All workshops include essential materials which you can take away and practice until you’re a pro.
I break down the learning process so you can easily pick up the skills and supports you in developing your own style. With helpful instruction, you will quickly pick up hand lettering skills and confidence in calligraphy.
- We will start by going over the materials; pen, nib, ink, paper
- Next we try out some exercises to get your familiar with using pen and ink
- We will practice nib control by making shapes and lines to create the contrasting stroke thickness that will make up your letters
- (You’ll be given plenty of time and help to work on these basic techniques before we move onto letterforms)
- You will learn uppercase and lowercase, numbers and punctuation so once you're confident enough to start on your lettering piece, we'll design the layout and you can start
- By the end of the workshop you’ll be well on your way to developing your own calligraphy style, ready to use as you please.
Come along and have some fun, try something new, and leave ready to use your new creative skills.
Free parking nearby.
This activity takes place rain or shine.
No skill level required.
About the host
I´m an Architect, Illustrator and Content Creator from Edinburgh, Scotland.
I have worked within Architecture and Higher Education in the UK, Japan, India and currently Iceland.
With over 7 years experience teaching Design in higher education, I have developed my calligraphy and brush lettering style over the last 3 years and have created beautiful lettering for private clients, for VIP events, wedding invites, commissions and print.
Downtown Reykjavik. Public bus available to get to the location. Address will be provided after booking.